ATTENTION MEAT LOVERS!!!
People usually associate eating chili with the cold winter…deep within the long days of February. Well those days are long behind us now (knock on wood), but who says “the chili” has to say adios as well? Keep this mouthwatering friend around all year round. “There is never a wrong time of year for chili” ~anonymous.
- In true Paleo style, there are no beans in this chili, but I still wanted to give it that thick and chunky texture. To do this, I went crazy with the meat…a TRIFECTA, which included lean ground beef, steak and sausage. Heaven! The nice thing about this recipe is that if you don’t fancy something- substitute it with something else…play around. If you think this may be too much meat for you, then I suggest taking out the sausage and sticking to the 2 types of beef. I am going to try to make this chili again in a week or two. Next time I am going to make it solely with the lean ground beef. I will also chop the veggies a little larger, to help compensate and to achieve that desired chunkiness. I will keep you posted on how it turns out!
triple meat chili
Recipe Type: main
- coconut/olive oil- for cooking veggies
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb flank steak- chunks or bacon pieces (cut up)
- 1 can diced tomatoes- organic (just tomatoes- look at ingredients)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes- same as above
- 1 cups beef broth- low sodium
- 4 cloves garlic- crushed
- 1 package mushroom- sliced
- 1 cup carrots- coined
- 1 large white onion- thickly diced
- 1 cup celery- chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup zucchini- diced
- 1 cup red pepper- chopped
- 2 tbs ground chipotle chilies
- 3-4 + tbs chili powder - add and taste - repeat (to reach desired flavour)
- fresh cilantro- chopped for garnish
- jalapeno peppers - diced (optional)
- combine all meat and brown together in frying pan- set aside on low
- in a separate pan/pot (large), sautee veggies together on medium heat until cooked
- then take meat mixture and add/combine it back with the veggies
- add in all spices, tomatoes and beef broth-stir throughly
- let cook on low-medium heat- slowly (longer is better)
- garnish with fresh cilantro
• this could also be done in the slow cooker if you wish! • also, the above recipe is wonderful for freezing smaller portions, because of it's size
That looks really good!!! I will be making that this week for sure! Thanks for all of the great recipes!!!
It is sooooo yummy Kara, and works well for many meals throughout the week. You are most welcome! =)
[…] were no grocery stores are not complicated Google search you can devour on the Paleolithic epoch or era. This was then two Emory University participants every […]
How much is a package of mushrooms?
Hello – I would say 8-10 or so!
[…] Triple meat chili from Paleo dish — okay, any chili will […]
[…] Triple Meat Chili […]