The Skintervention Guide.
A guide devoted solely to ‘Purely Paleo Skincare’. Who thought of such a wise concept you may ask?! Well wonder no further…it is the brilliant masterpiece of no other than the lovely Liz Wolfe (NTP) of CaveGirlEats. Although Liz and I have never met in person, I can just tell that she would be such a cool gal to hang out with.
Maybe we are long-lost sardine sistas!?! Who knows? I follow the work she creates on her blog and without fail, to hers & Diane Sanfillipo’s ‘Balanced Bites’ podcast every.single.week. Check out this one specifically geared towards all things skin and body ! If she is as wicked as she comes across over the interwebs…than I bet (without question), that she is just one of those folks who’s company you want to be in. Her charismatic way is admirable. Also, Liz’s passion, wit & genuine nature is in abundance, even through a computer screen and is nothing, but infectious. I do hope our paths cross one day soon…
Okay…so let’s cut to the chase. Who is this Liz gal anyways?!? What’s her deal? What’s her story?!? What is she all about?
Here are all her dets. Go check out her wicked awesomeness and get to know here a little bit better…
CaveGirlEats ~ http://cavegirleats.com
Liz Wolfe, NTP (her professional alter ego) ~ http://www.lizwolfentp.com
Purely Primal Skincare ~ http://purelyprimalskincare.com
CaveGirlEats ~ https://www.facebook.com/CaveGirlEats?fref=ts
The Skintervention Guide ~ https://www.facebook.com/SkinterventionGuide?fref=ts
Modern Cave Girl (book): is available for pre-order on Amazon! (not yet released)
* I also want to pay tribute and note that Trina Felber of Primal Life Organics (skin care genius) also plays a huge role in sharing her excellent expertise and offers insights throughout the guide that address various skin-related conditions. Be sure to check out her ever-growing line of nourishing skin care products here!
SOOOOOO…way back in Jan (I know…it has been months already…very *sadface*), Liz sent me a FB msg asking if I would like a copy of her newly released ‘Skintervention Guide’. As you can see below (photo), I was immediately thrilled with this kind offering. My lag in posting this review holds no real ground for any excuse. In all honesty, I was blown away with this guide from the moment I clicked ‘download’. New job…family commitments…training…and you know, life (blah…blah…blah), I could go on…(all excuses), but the real reason for the elapsed time in posting this, was because I wanted to take in all that Liz was providing and start an experiment with myself. My desire was to absorb and apply all she was saying and start playing around. Previous to being exposed to this guide, I was curious (and making slight changes in my beauty regime), but this book gave me the inspiration and kick to take that next plunge. A dive that I can now fully support, and share and recommend with pride as it based on my own personal results. I can confidently say, that I am so elated with my ‘skintervention’ progress to date. It is a process (as Liz mentions many times in her book), and is something that cannot be rushed or hurried. Thoughtful consideration is needed.
The second excuse, I mean reason for me taking so darn long to post this, is not without good intention. This book is SO impressively packed with a crazy unbelievable amount of information. I would open it, read, close it, open it, read, close it…you get the idea. Finally, one day…the lightbulb went off…I needed to print this bad boy off. Ya, that’s right, send it to the printers and coil bind this number, so that I could mark the $hit out of it! Yep! That’s right…that’s me. That’s how I learn…I am such the ‘hardcopy’ kinda gal, who needs to be able to hold the book, highlight and do little jot notes here and there with my fancy pink marker. So…that’s what I did! And that was the perfect combo!! Utilizing the e-book especially for it’s amazing links, and adding this to my own ‘print version’ served to be an excellent companion. BTW…YES, this is legal, I asked her.
SETTING THE STAGE: (The tone of this book)
Liz makes you feel at ease while reading her book. Her approach is straightforward, honest yet, compassionate. Her delivery makes it feel like the two of you are having a personal convo. Aside from her sharing her experiences/stories, the vibe of this book is that of someone who is close to you, and ultimately wants the best for you. She does so in a non-judgmental, pressure-ey (new word) way! Her wealth of knowledge consistently holds this element of humbleness that makes you comfortable to take charge and make changes! (without feeling the slight bit intimidated)
…AND HERE BEGINS MY ‘ACTUAL REVIEW’ ~
the GOOD: (WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THIS GUIDE IN NO SPECIFIC ORDER!)
I honestly can’t say enough good things about this guide. There have been several close family members and friends who I have directed her way to help them with their ongoing skin issues. Their response = super happy! I too could go on and on and on, as it has truly helped to change the way I care about my skin and body! Read on to find out why I am so in lurv with this guide…
- The layout of this book makes it easy to follow and navigate ~ includes a handy side bar margin, filled with reminders, tips/tricks, precautions and recommendations
- Can you say FULLY LOADED? YEP…this digital resource is jammed packed with tons info ~ guaranteed that there is something in there for everyone!
- It is divided into 3 logical sections – PART One ~ Nutrition, PART TWO ~ Digestion, & PART 3 ~ Body and Skincare
- This meaningful and carefully crafted, three-pronged approach is designed to help you and your skin heal from both the INSIDE and the OUTSIDE! SO IMPORTANT!!!
- Includes multiple hyperlinks ~ who doesn’t love clicking around and exploring the internet this way – they are SO FUN!
- When you order…you don’t only get the original guide, BUT you also receive 2 bonus guides FREE ~ a RESOURCE guide and a RECIPE guide
- Oh ya…because it is a digital PDF, UNLIMITED lifetime updates are also yours FREE!
- The RESOURCE guide in itself is a total gem ~ there you will find Liz’s guaranteed recommendations + top picks!
- As a total non-fiction lover, sub-headings/bolded text are key! Liz does a great job of breaking down each section into manageable bites of information that don’t leave your head spinning ~ not bombarding in the least!!
- A gradual approach is reinforced throughout THE WHOLE guide ~ but I especially enjoyed the 3 levels of entry that are introduced in the ‘Body and Skincare’ section ~ 1- ‘Simply Boost’, 2- ‘Added Boost’, and 3- ‘Total Nourishment’ ~ choose your own adventure!
- If you are in a rush…reading the ‘Simplify It’ and ‘Wrapping It Up’ sections will serve you well and help you understand the gist of things – a very clever summary-style addition!
Prior to reading Liz’s ‘Skintervention Guide’, my husband and I had made a few changes here and there with regards to improving our overall digestion and the health of our skin/body. Having said that, this guide is REALLY what has gotten the ball rollin’ though! To echo Liz’s sentiments, everyone has to find a personal approach and speed that works for them. That is what we are doing and couldn’t be more excited! Picking away…and seeing results!!!
Exhilarated by the fact that Liz honestly makes you feel so empowered. I feel more in control now than ever before. Total BADA$$ mode. I have been doing this ‘paleo thing’ for 3 + years, and have the food/eating deal totally down. Having said that, I never lose sight that it is still a journey! I am still growing, improving and creating a better self. This guide makes you WANT to be better!!! The whole natural and nourishing skin/bodycare regime was something that needed to be addressed. And so it has been…
Here is my (our) ‘Skintervention Skinformation’ to date (so far):
- We have made our eating regime (especially dinner) a priority ~ a focus on a relaxing atmosphere, sans distractions
- Tossed out all my chemically-filled make-up (lip gloss, blush, eye-liner and mascara), and have replaced it with more ethically and naturally made products (GLUTEN-FREE)
- I now use these products from 100% pure, Vauxhall Gardens (Brickworks Farmer’s Market) and am going to place a BIGA$$ order with Primal Life Organics SOON!
- Ditched my old ‘commercial cleansing’ face products ~ now all I do is Liz’s recommended ‘Oil Cleansing Method’ ~ that’s right, I clean my face with coconut oil (people always look at me funny when I tell them this! Doesn’t it give you zits? Nope.)
- Said ‘BYE-BYE’ to Dove Soap…and now use Dr. Bronner’s!
- We started taking Green Pastures Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil Blend ~ LOVE IT…have noticed such a difference. Where has this been all my life!
- Started something new – YEP…we both joined and started yoga/meditation classes ~ ohhhhhh soooo relaxing!
- Have placed a concentration on getting in more organ meats, fermented foods and bone broth (homemade)
- Gave up coffee (a year ago now), and have switched to drinking nourishing herbal teas and kombucha & more kombucha!
- Have started using clay masks on a weekly basis – to target pores
- We have re-thought our home-cleaning routine with the products we were using ~ now there it is basically a combo of water, vinegar, lemon, baking soda and essential oils
- FINALLY…who couldn’t forget ‘dry brushing’! YES…that’s right…we have HIS and HERS and use them regularly before bathing!!!
What I (we) have noticed:
- I (Cindy) have observed a noticeable shrinking in pores (ongoing)
- Skin texture is more smooth in texture, moisturized and radiant ~ overall glow is starting to appear
- My gut is starting to feel better ~ I can’t explain it any other way
- Both of us (Cindy & Dusty) are feeling more calm, cool and chill ~ mellow yellow
- Sleep has improved (as if this was even possible, as we were both already silent snoozers)
- Energy levels are up ~ feeling invigorated and ready to do more!!!
Here is where we want to go! (future):
- Convincing my husband to change the laundry detergent we use! (he does ALL the laundry BTW…lucky gal, but loves that ‘Downy Fresh smell!!)
- Look into an alternative ‘hair colouring’ and try the ‘No Poo Method!’ (maybe haha!!!)
- Want to find a ‘more natural’ toothpaste that we actually LOVE!
- Create a homemade toner for my ‘skin-type’
Nothing about this guide is ugly…it’s ALL beautiful ~ well except for one thing! The one ugly thing that this guide addresses, is the ‘LIES THAT WE ARE TOLD’. Both Liz and Trina discuss how we as consumers can often be duped into thinking certain products that are labelled ‘healthy’, ‘natural’ or ‘organic’ are actually benefiting our bodies in a positive way. In many cases they are not! Tons of everyday products that we use on our skin, on our body, on our children bodies and within the 4 walls of our homes are filled with nasty garbage-like ingredients. Chemical derivatives that even an ‘English Major’ has difficulty pronouncing!
What exactly am I talking about?! This is just a small sample. Go ahead – have a read. Pethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, diethanolamine, dibutyl phthalate, butylated hydroxyanisole, butylated hydroxytoluene, P-phenylenediamine, polyethylene glycols, petrolatum, cyclohexasiloxane, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHENAMINE, or QUARTERNIUM-15, ethylene oxide…and the ever famous…sodium laureth sulfate! And…this is honestly just the tip of the iceberg.
I am not trying to scare you with ‘fear mongering’ tactics, but rather the opposite! I wand to remind you (as I was) that you have the control to take the reins and explore alternative treatments. Ones that will not ‘break the bank’ (if fact you will save $) and ones that don’t focus on ‘Band-Aid’ solutions (long-lasting!) SOOOOOOOOOOOO…If you are struggling with acne, eczema, dry skin, body door, psoriasis, dandruff, ingrown hairs, discoloured patches, brittle nails, thinning hair, bad breath, cold sores, rosacea, whiteheads, blackheads, enlarged pores (me), dry skin, scarring, wrinkles, aging or dark circles/bags under your eyes…THEN THIS GUIDE IS MOST DEFINITELY FOR YOU!!! BUY IT ~ I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! START TREATING YOUR LARGEST ORGAN WITH THE RESPECT IT DESERVES. ENJOY!!! THE END!
SOME FINAL WORDS FROM THE LOVELY LIZ WOLFE (NTP)…
“I had no idea what it took to be healthy in the first place.”
“This is NOT a diet guide. It’s a NOURISHMENT guide.”
“Our skin is an integral part of every moment of our lives.”
“You’re NOT stuck with ‘problem’ skin.”
“Natural, full-fat, cholesterol-rich foods are a critical part of a healthy, skin-healing diet.”
“Our bodies and our skin need REAL FOOD.”
“Organ meats from healthy animals help support and build the same organs in our bodies.”
“Sleep is the gift you give your body each and every day.”
“You are already beautiful in shape, size and individuality.”
“Remember that cellulite is only as frustrating as you allow it to be! Our bodies can do amazing things ~ cellulite is nothing to be preoccupied with. Self judgment is far worse than cellulite!”
“Don’t apologize for your sweat. It’s natural. Embrace it.”
“Ultimately, it’s about personal preference and what you think is most important.”
I am thrilled to announce my very FIRST GIVEAWAY EVER!!!!! YAY! This WICKED ‘Skintervention’ Guide (a VALUE of $ 37) could be YOURS for FREE! All you have to do is share a comment below on my blog…telling us what you do to nourish your skin and body! CONTEST ENDS MONDAY AUGUST, 19 at 2PM. One entry per person. Winner will be contacted by email. GOOD LUCK!!!