Perhaps you remember an earlier post that I wrote on PALEOdISH about attending Mat Lalonde’s nutrition seminar several months ago?!? Anyhoo, I am SUPER stoked because I have the opportunity to go see him again tomorrow. I couldn’t be more pumped. I spoke to Mat and he told me that some of the content will be the same, but he has also added a bunch of new information. He honestly packs so much relevant and thought-provoking stuff into a day, a second time through is going to resonate and sink in even more I bet. He has also agreed to talk with me after for a mini-interview, while I fire off some burning questions that I have. I will post his views and thoughts from this chatty chats very soon, so stay tuned!!!
Today I thought that I would leave you will a recipe that is one of my Paleo favs so far! I have several photos albums stored on the computer of dishes that I have made over the past couple years…and this one goes down as a def winner in the archives. I will forsure be making this one again either this weekend or early next week. It is one of those meals that is even yummier the next day to bring in your lunch.
Finally, some “food for thought”…does your mind feel foggy? are you focused? are you dialed in? do you give it your all? Ponder these questions if you will…until next time.
|coconut curry chicken|
- 2-4 chicken breasts- cut into pieces
- coconut/olive oil
- 1/2 cauliflower- chopped
- 1/2 large onion- thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper- chopped
- 1/2- 3/4 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder (depending on your taste)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- a few shakes of chili flakes (hey kinda rhymes!)
- ground fresh pepper to taste
- 8 bay leaves
- side- 1 bundle of asparagus
- brown the chicken in coconut/olive oil on medium heat (set aside)
- when done add in the veggies and cook until softened
- then add in all other ingredients (spices and coconut milk), and the chicken back in as well
- stir everything together while cooking on low heat for another 20 minutes or so
- in the meantime, prepare the asparagus and put in oven during last 5 minutes of chicken cooking time
- serve the coconut chicken curry on the bed of asparagus
Finally, finallly…(I promise). Check out this really cool article about a CrossFit Toronto experience.
Get off the couch people and get active! Explore! There is so much going on around you…dare to seek it out. That is the basis behind the idea of “Generation Go!” About a month ago, Nadia and Sean stopped by CrossFit Toronto to check out our digs. We had a wonderful conversation and then they decided to take part in… the introductory session workout to get a taste of what CrossFit workouts are actually about.It was such a treat and absolute pleasure to meet two highly inspired and eager people. They were so keen and adamant about spreading the word on improving your health, by becoming more involved in some sort of physical activity. Check out the experience they had with us, through their eyes…then come and see for yourself!